Saturday 13 March 2021

Daisy Happy Birthday

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Anna-Karin (Layersofink).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: alphabet background, offset rectangle focal panel, red flowers, blue sky, watercolor technique, stitched die cut edges, white stamped sentiment strip

INCLUDE: rectangle with stitching around it and blue/green inside, 

MODIFY: one flower, pink rather than red, heat embossed 'birthday' background

EXCLUDE: alphabet 

SPIN: square card

I started by creating my background panel using a technique from my latest video - I put a bunch of birthday-themed stamps on an acrylic block and stamped it repeatedly. This time I stamped with embossing ink, heat embossed with clear powder and then spritzed Distress Oxide sprays over it.

I cut my solid daisy from white cardstock and spritzed it with Distress Oxide sprays (look closely, you can see yellow and purple 'speckles', which is a hallmark of these sprays.) I attached the open daisy die cut only at the centre, to allow more dimension between the two layers of petals.

I created my frame with one of the Essentials for Stitching Rectangles dies placed outisde an Essential Rectangle die - I love this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.