Sunday 24 January 2021

Thanks

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper Deb!

I chose this project as my inspiration:

LIST: GLORIOUS colours (brown, copper, orange, yellow, turquoise), leaf & acorns, harvest/thanksgiving theme, big bow, framed oval focal point, box (not a card)

INCLUDE: colours, thanks theme, 

MODIFY: technique (I used gel plate), oval to circle, leaves as embellishments

EXCLUDE: bow, acorns

SPIN: changed from box to (my favourite) 4.25"square card, put my frame on top of the circle focal panel.


I was initially attracted by the amazing colours on Deb's box. These are not my usual rainbow of bright colours, but wow, they have big impact!

I created my own coloured cardstock with my Gel Plate and Catherine Pooler inks, using lots of colours for variety and leaving lots of texture with my brayer.

I used EBE Essential Squares and Circles to cut my panels. These dies also cut frames, and I cut a gold frame using a smaller circle die, to put on the front of my circle panel.

I cut the letters from EBE Tall N Skinny Alpha twice from white cardstock, and once from gold satin cardstock, and stacked them up.

I had stayed away from the autumn leaf so that this card could work all year long, but I used tiny leaf die cuts from the Birch Trees Cover Plate die and used them as embellishments.


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card Ardyth - love how you have taken the design and made it your own - the gelli-plate background is fabulous.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Ardyth--right down to those tiny gold leaves!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.