Saturday 9 January 2021

Happy Birthday Easel Card

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Fifi (Jesuisjeune).

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: circle, easel card (see photo below), red/blue flowers, lime/aqua background and inside, gold details, fancy edges

INCLUDE: easel card, red flowers, circle, gold details, lime/aqua background & interior

MODIFY: square card instead of circle, fewer details, 

EXCLUDE: fancy edges, blue flowers

SPIN: die cut and stamped sentiment, pearls as flower centres



I started by cutting a 4.25" square cardbase along with a 4.25" square panel.

Then I stamped and coloured the flowers from You Should Know with Copic markers onto the white panel. I cut a mask of the flowers and then blended Lime Rickey and Cummerbund (available January 13!) ink through a negative circle mask. I blended the lime/aqua circle on the inside of my card as well.

I used the same large Essential Circles die to cut my gold frame and glued that on my front panel.

To create the easel, I simply scored and folded the front of the cardbase at 2.125", and glued the floral panel just to the bottom portion.

For the 'foot' or stopper on the inside of the cardbase, I cut the smallest Essentials by Ellen rectangle from white cardstock as well as gold mirror cardstock. I cut HAPPY from Block Words in the same gold mirror cardstock and glued the letters onto the sentiment strip. I popped it up with foam tape on the inside of the card before stamping "BIRTHDAY" from That Thing You Did with Versafine Onyx ink.

I added some HAI Pastel Pearls as the flower centres on the front of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.