Saturday 12 September 2020

Look for the Light



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, MaryJo (Icela52)!

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on MaryJo's:
-butterfly
-striped strip


I changed:
-colours
-orientation of the stripes (from horizontal to vertical) and the strip (from vertical to horizontal)
-no flowers/leaves
-no origami

To create the rainbow strip, I chose 10 of my Copic markers and used the chisel tip to add stripes. I trimmed it to about 2 inches wide.

I stamped the butterfly from Essentials by Ellen Be the Change, die cut it and then fussy cut the wings so there would be no white 'halo'. I shaded it with some cool gray Copic markers and added some Star Dust Stickles for sparkle.

I cut a white circle with Essential Circles dies and stamped the sentiment from the same set. I placed the butterfly on the strip, over the white circle sentiment to determine where to cut out a triangle portion from the rainbow strip to enlarge the sentiment area.

I popped up the rainbow strip and then popped up the butterfly with foam tape just under the body, so I could 'fluff' the wings a bit for more dimension.




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.