Saturday 11 July 2020

Super Duper Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Karen (karensallen).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Karen's:
-dots
-metallic accent
-scalloped edge (look way left!)
-birthday theme
-round focal element coming from right

I changed:
-fewer dots
-rainbow colours
-black instead of red
-silver instead of gold
-no fun fold

I was initially drawn to the 'rounded' balloons on Karen's patterned paper, as well as the scalloped edge. I started by using the negative edge of a Pretty Pink Posh die to scalloped die on the edge of a panel of white cardstock.

Then I used a small Essentials by Ellen Essentials Circle die to cut out a circle from each scallop. I blended a rainbow of Catherine Pooler inks on them . I cut the circles again from silver sparkle cardstock and used the frame portion, and popped up the colourful circle in the middle of each.

My sentiment is in an Essential Oval, also with a silver frame, and is meant to represent the balloon circle portion of Karen's card, which would move when you fold her card together. Mine doesn't move.

Finally, I put my panel on a black card base, leaving a narrower strip of black visible on one side than the other. This mimics the red around the middle panel of Karen's card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.