Monday 15 June 2020

Geometric Father's Day Card



When you think of making a masculine card, the words pretty, pink and posh may not be the first ones to come to mind! But here's proof that Pretty Pink Posh products can make a perfect patterned card for pop! (see what I did there? lol!)

I started by cutting 5 of the zig-zag border die from Stacked Edges 1 and blending Juniper Mist ink over them. Then I lined up 3 of them and blended the same ink darker on each 'half' of a zig (or is it a zag?).

I blended darker ink on the opposite halves of the other 2 strips - this will give my pattern that look of dimension.

I glued them on a panel of white cardstock, and then trimmed everything with the stitched rectangle die from Stitched Notes.

I blended a larger panel of white cardstock with Sauna, Rouge and Juniper mist inks and cut the stitched rectangle die from the centre, to create a frame around my blue and white panel (and to save most of the blended panel for another card project!)

For the sentiment, I cut a stitched circle and stitched oval from Stitched Essentials 1 and I stamped the sentiment from Father's Day on the circle. I blended Sauna and Rouge ink on the oval and then I 'extended' it by cutting it in half and putting the two pieces on some tape, with a small space between the two halves.

I finished with 3 Midnight jewels - these are black with an iridescent shine.


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design, that pattern literally pops off the page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great faux dimension in this stunning card Ardyth.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.