Sunday 22 March 2020

Take Good Care (FS685)

click here for my 30 Days Colouring post.


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Sheri Gilson (PaperCrafty).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Sheri's:
-rainbow
-vellum with white sentiment
-enamel dots

I changed:
-shortened the strips
-die cut sentiment
-added flowers to my rainbow
-black dots and border

I used 2 of the new Essential Rectangles dies from Ellen Hutson. I cut one for the white panel and black border and 7 of the smallest one to create my rainbow, using Copic markers.

The EBE sentiment has a Pearlescent Vellum shadow which has a lovely iridescent shimmer!



I actually finished this card once, a couple of weeks ago (I was working ahead, thinking I would be away this past week during March break, but of course, I ended up staying home!):


I wasn't happy with the variation of colour in my strips, especially that purple, and I wondered if I could 'fix' the card.
I carefully removed the die cut sentiment, and considered my options. Of course I could cut 7 more rectangles, re-colour them and glue them on top, but I was more ambitious than that.

I used a little flower background stamp from Pattern Play and stamped it right on top of the strips and I was happily surprised that it worked out so well! I love the added definition the black stamping added to my rainbow.
Then, given the times, I thought I would add a little 'take good care' sentiment. I'll pop this in the mail tomorrow to let someone know I'm thinking of them!


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing transformation the added stamping gave this card - it's fabulous, and I love the sentiment - so appropriate for these times :(.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.