Thursday 5 March 2020

Happy Birthday, Kate!



Today is my daughter's 17th birthday and this is her card. I thought a 6x3 grid with one less box would be fun to represent the 17, as well as giving a place for the sentiment.

I used the new Essential Circles and Essentials Squares dies from Essentials by Ellen (available March 8!) as well as 18 of my Catherine Pooler mini-inks.

I used two different sizes of circles for some whimsy and then I pressed each one into an ink pad. I spritzed all of the dots with Avery Elle Clever Shimmer spray - this softens the colours and gives them a shimmery, vevety texture.

I did some math to figure out how big my panel needed to be and used my Ranger Work Art Stay-tion to line the squares up. The card ended up being 4 1.4 x 8 3/8 inches. Fortunately, Kate lives with me, so I don't need to find an envelope!

My original plan was to stamp the sentiment directly on the white panel, but I smudged it (of course it was exactly in THAT place! lol!) so I adjusted my plan a bit. And again before I was finally happy with it. (there's a video on my Instagram that shows a slightly earlier version of this card! LOL!)

And it was only when I completely finished the card that I realized it looks like a paint box!


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.