Saturday 7 March 2020

FS683 - Ladybug Thanks



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Faith (PeonySnail).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Faith's:
-ladybugs and flowers
-colours
-dark mat

I changed:
-only one lady bug
-square card
-stamped sentiment direct on panel

I started by stamping my Pretty Pink Posh ladybug on a square panel of white cardstock (this stamp set was a freebie with purchase last month, but if you missed out, don't worry, it will be available in the shop soon!).

Then I masked her and stamped Spring Wreath over top. I filled in the rest of my panel with flowers and leaves from Spring Wreath as well as Large Floral Hearts, and left just enough room for a sentiment from Animal Signs. I coloured it all in with Copic markers, using mainly greens and yellows to be consistent with the colours in the inspiration, as well as to allow my ladybug to really pop!

And if you think my little lady's wings look dimensional, that's because they are! I stamped and coloured another ladybug and cut out her wings. I glued them directly to the paper at the tops of the wings, but popped up the bottoms with foam tape at the bottoms.


1 comment:

  1. Looooove that sweet ladybug / ladybird on your pretty wreath Ardyth - a gorgeous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.