Saturday 8 February 2020

FS679 - Have a Festive Day



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Brent Scheffer (brentsCards).

I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Brent's:
-vertical stripes of blended colour over a white pattern
-strip with images
-birthday theme

I changed:
-layout
-use of stencil and masking
-stamped sentiment

I started by masking off a strip and border on a panel of white cardstock. Then I laid down the Birthday Background stencil and blended inks through it, in vertical stripes.

When I removed the masks, I stamped my sentiment in the white strip and then used the ends of one of the stamps from Birthday Borders (it's 'finished', so the images don't cut off, if you know what I mean) to surround the sentiment and show off that the pattern matches the stencil.

 

2 comments:

  1. Your card is fun and so is the inspiration. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of the card you tool as an inspiration Ardyth - love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.