Sunday 24 November 2019

FS668 - Christmas Tree Joy


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Krista (sanitystamper).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Krista's:
-triangle, die-cut focal image
-die cut 'topper'
-coloured background

I changed:
-occasion/season
-inlaid sentiment
-stamped/blended background rather than dry embossing

I had fun with some new and older products from Concord & 9th. I started by using the Polka Dot Turnabout stamp with 4 colours, to create my tree's 'ornaments'. Then I heat embossed the colours with clear embossing powder so that they would resist the green ink.

I blended Lime Rickey ink over the panel, then cut it with the tree die from Trim the Trees. I blended Spruce ink around the edges for some depth and dimension.

I noticed that I didn't get my stamping/embossing exactly right with the yellow dots, but decided I could live with it! LOL!

I cut JOY from white cardstock and then from the tree, and inlaid it, to keep everything level (to make it easy to pop the whole thing up with foam tape later).

My background is a blended red panel, fading out toward the centre, and then stamped with the Woven Stripes Background both horizontally and vertically, to create a tone-on-tone plaid.

Here's a video:






2 comments:

  1. Love this Ardyth - the yellow 'lights' look as though the tree has shaken and they have moved slightly as you took the photo!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.