Sunday 20 October 2019

FS663 - Joy Love Peace


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Claudette (lamoore).

I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Claudette's:
-embossed flower
-background created with a 'technique'
-3 word sentiment

I changed:
-colours
-occasion
-technique (stencil to Copic plaid).

This Mondo Poinsettia is retiring and I couldn't resist using it one more time, with my current favourite background technique - Copic plaid (see video here).

I stamped the large poinsettia on Neenah paper with pale grey ink, then coloured it with Copics. When I was finished, I restamped with Wow! Embossing ink and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I die cut it with the coordinating die and then coloured the edges and 'in between' bits with a black Copic. This helps it to staned out

I inlaid the poinsettia into the plaid background and then stamped the 3 outline sentiments from Mondo Amaryllis before colouring them with a black Copic.



2 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Ardyth - love the black edge to the die cut flower !!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These plaid backgrounds are so creative and inspiring to try! Adding the black ink to the white areas is dynamite!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.