Tuesday 22 October 2019

Fall Thank You


This is a quick and easy fall thank you card using a stencil and stamps from Trinit Stamps.

The Layered Autumn Tree comes with 2 stencils so you can create this scene really quickly. One stencil has the trees and the ground and the other one has the leaves.

I added an extra branch and I went over the ground a few times, moving the stencil slightly to create some depth and 'layers' of leaves. Then to fill in my sky, I turned the leaf stencil 4 times and blended yellow, orange, red and green inks to create my falling leaves. I used sponge daubers since the areas were small.

I added some light blue blending between the leaves for my sky.

To add a bit of definition to my panel, I lightly rubbed my Icing on the Cake (dark brown) along the edges. This created a dark edge.

For the sentiment, I used a tiny thank you from Autumn Sentiments and I repeated it 3 times. I stamped it on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and
trimmed them into strips. I popped them up with foam tape, and placed them to look like they are falling like the leaves.


1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous thanks card Ardyth - love your falling leaves :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.