Wednesday 28 August 2019

Gina K Wreath Builder Mandala


I had some fun with Gina K Designs products yesterday. I've had the Wreath Builder and Mandala Maker stamp set for a while, but I just got my Obsidian Amalgam ink the other day, and I had to try it.

One of the most basic and important tools in a stamper's crafty stash is a good, deep, crisp, black ink that works with the colouring media that you like best. 

This Obsidian ink is so black, and so crisp! And because it's Gina's Amalgam ink, it works with alcohol markers, watercolours, coloured pencils - everything! And it looks good on its own, too - check out those sentiments!

These cards bring me back to my cardmaking beginnings - I love it when you can take one little stamp, create a pattern and make something magical. I love it so much, I did it twice! First, I stamped it with the Obsidian ink:



I started in the centre of a 4 inch square panel, and used the Wreath Builder template and one stamp from the Mandala set to create this pattern. I had a smudge on one of the edges so I trimmed the panel with a circle die, and created a black mat. I used the tiny dot stamp to add some colour.

And then, you know I just had to do it again, this time with my favourite rainbow of Catherine Pooler inks. Notice no black ink transfer - even on the Limoncello (yellow)! Loving this Obsidian ink! (seriously, it's fun just to say the word - I love how it rolls off the tongue! lol!)



6 comments:

  1. What lovely cards! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mandalas Ardyth!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us and for using Gina K. Designs ink and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!💜🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Ardyth, and all from one tiny stamp - I am amazed
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful work, Ardyth. Such a treat to see your cards in my email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! I really like the simplicity of the design that generates such striking results. I look forward to getting this Wreath Builder set along with ALL the others along with that beautifully black Obsidian ink pad you speak so highly of. Thank you for sharing this great inspiration.
    — elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.