Saturday 13 July 2019

Simple & Stepped up Thank You Cards (FS649)


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Terry (terry serman).

I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Terry's:
-sky background with clouds
-focus on 'flight'
-red/pink, white & blue colours

I changed:
-background technique (ink blending vs paper)
-clouds (masked rather than die-cut)
-flying bunny to airplane

I made a set of these one-layered, 3.5x5" cards as my son's thank you cards for his recent birthday gifts.

I stamped the plane and sentiment banner on 4 and then used the coordinating dies to create masks for them, as well as some clouds.

I masked the edges of the card with 1/2 inch purple tape, to create a white frame, and then I ink blended the sky with Catherine Pooler inks and Life Changing blender brushes.

For the first card, that was the end. But for the other 3 that I made, I stepped it up and used Nuvo glimmer paste over the sky to add lots of sparkle before removing the masks.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful cards Ardyth - love the sparkle in the 'stepped up' ones
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.