Friday 19 July 2019

Colour Wheel Card


Today I have another card using one of the 3 Circlet Layered Dies from Paper Rose Studios.

This time I used Copic markers and inlaid all the pieces back into the die to create a kind of colour wheel.



I started by cutting out the die, and keeping all the inside pieces.


I trimmed the die with scissors to create a blossom kind of shape. I used liquid glue to adhere it to a white A2 card base (but I changed my mind on the shape later on....)


I sorted the pieced and then I started my Copic colouring with the first 6 colours, trying to choose the 'purest' shades of each one. 


Next, I filled in the 'in-between' colours around the edges. 


Then I worked my way to the next level, again choosing colours that transitioned between the two in the outer row. I used my Copic Hex Chart by Sandy Allnock for this - it definitely made choosing the colours much easier! 

When I had it all filled in, I found an Essentials by Ellen sentiment and stamped it on white cardstock before trimming it with a circle die. I popped it up in the centre of the wheel and then trimmed the card to 4.25x4.25. I added some Sparkling Clear Confetti sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to finish it off.



1 comment:

  1. Love the end result of this Ardyth - what a great use of the die, and no doubt you had fun colouring it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.