Friday 7 June 2019

Tall Card with Extended Die Cut (Scrap 'n Stamp Stamp out Cancer Blog Hop)


I'm excited to be part of the Scrap 'n Stap Stamp Out Cancer blog hop today! My friend, Nancy, is a member of the DT and invited me to participate. Please visit her blog to read about her experience. And stay to check out her cards - she has a beautiful clean and simple style!



I decided to go to my Pinterest board for some inspiration. Are you like me? I pin and pin and then forget to go back when I need inspiration! LOL!

When I got there, I found this:
I was inspired by the pretty florals in bright colours, the subtle sentiment on a white panel, and I thought a tall card would be a perfect way to try something new.

I started by watercolouring the Hero Arts Flower Garden coverplate die cut from watercolour cardstock, using Catherine Pooler re-inkers. Re-inkers give a more vibrant result than the ink pads.

I spritzed the panel with the new Avery Elle Clear Shimmer Spray and then I cut it with my trimmer.

My Oyster cardbase was 4.25 x 8.5, and I cut a white panel that was 4 x 8.25 for the flowers and sentiment,

I created a panel for my sentiment that would hide the gap between the two pieces of the die cut and then added a stamped and die cut sentiment using Essentials by Ellen products.

For a finishing touch, I added some Nuvo Dream Drops in the flower centres and as embellishments on the sentiment panel. I used the same colour on all areas, but I love how they took on the colours of the flowers underneath!

Blog roll:
Ardyth <<You are here

Here's a video:



   

11 comments:

  1. So glad that you're hopping with us for this special hop, Ardyth! Your card is gorgeous - I love the bright colours, and the sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth, this is stunning!! And yes, I'm like you, Pinterest is a huge source of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Ardyth, love this style. So happy you could join us for this important hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hopping along with us! I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, beautiful cause and the inspiration too. Pin.. and pin and forget Haha.. and also when you need inspiration, search more and pin again..is me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card, love the colors and the inspiration also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That watercoloured die cut is absolutely beautiful on your card and what a great sentiment for this occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card...love all your beautiful and sweet flowers! Love your gorgeous watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the die cuts on this card! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and colors! I am so happy to be a part of this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Ardyth! Thanks for joining with us on the hop :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.