Tuesday 25 June 2019

Happy Birthday



This is the card I made for my Formula 1-watching son (it's his birthday today).

I used direct to paper technique to create my red and yellow (and the tiny strip of green) cardstock. So far so good.

I had an old Stampendous (I think - it might have been Inkadinkado!) clear acrylic horse stamp, but it was facing the wrong way, so I had to mirror stamp it.

I used my WaffleFlower Water Media Mat to do that. But the stamp had deteriorated or it was damaged, so it was not level.

In the end, I placed the stamp on the block, face up, and inked it up. Then I folded the water media mat over and rubbed it - gently enough not to smear it, but firmly enough to get a good impression. That took about 4 tries.... lol!

The horse stamp was also an outline stamp, so then I had to colour it in with a dark gray marker.

My sentiment came from Concord & 9th. It appears that it has been retired....


On another note, I'm trying out photography on a white background - what do you think?


 

2 comments:

  1. My f1 loving husband would treasure that card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ardyth for persisting and ending up with this fabulous personalised card for your son!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.