Sunday 26 May 2019

Stenciled Watercolor Background with Nuvo Shimmer Powders


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Joanne (kenaijo).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Joanne's:
-stenciled background
-two 'animal' images

I changed:
-colours
-background technique


I started by creating my background on watercolour cardstock. I taped it to a board to limit warping and then laid the Heffy Doodle Circles of Life stencil over top.

I sprayed the panel with lots of water and then sprinkled Shimmer Powder over the top. I wasn't sure what I would get by doing that and when I first lifted the stencil, I didn't love it. So I replaced the stencil and used an aqua brush to help me fill in the circles a bit more. I'm happy that the separation of the powder into blues and yellows is still visible in some areas - that's one of the things I love about watercolour powders. Plus this one has shimmer built right in!

Once my background was dry, I used an elephant from Ellie Goes Nuts and I used some mirror-stamping to create a kissing couple. I added the hearts and sentiment to complete the little scene.

I watercoloured the elephants with Catherine Pooler inks and then added some Dream Drops for embellishments and over the little hearts.

Here's a video:




I used:

2 comments:

  1. Elephants are my "thing" and this
    is darling. thanks for
    sharing.
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious card, Ardyth. I think your the way you did the reverse stamping technique was unique. Again thanks for sharing such good ideas. Brenda

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.