Saturday 11 May 2019

Creating Backgrounds with Small Stamps - FS640



Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' stamper Cheryl (Motherload). 
Cheryl is a scrapbooker and I chose this layout as my inspiration:


I started by stamping the main image from the new Essentials by Ellen Mondo Wildflowers set and then created a mask.

With the mask in place, I used a dotted stencil to help me position my grid of smaller flowers, stamped in Catherine Pooler Twilight ink. My stencil is so old, I have lost track of who made it, but I've linked a similar one below.

Once I had all the stamping done, I coloured the flowers with Copic markers and highlighted them with Star Dust stickles.

As a finishing touch, I filled in the background flowers' centres with something new to me - Tonic Dream Drops in Indigo Eclipse. This photo does not do them justice - they are iridescent and so shimmery, with just the right amount of dimension.

There is a quick video on my Instagram grid showing how I made this.

I used:

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Ardyth - love the gorgeous bouquet that you have coloured so beautifully, and the background is gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.