Sunday 17 March 2019

FS632 - Celebrate


Congratulations to this week's Splicoaststampers' Featured Stamper LizBeth1976 (Liz)!

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Liz's:
-celebrate/birthday theme
-multiple die cuts with one word/image

I changed:
-colours
-shapes of die cuts
-no stamping

I used the Winter Window die set to cut the rectangles and then used repositionable tape to hold them together while I stamped the blossom branch from Backyard Bird Friends twice with embossing ink. Then I embossed the images with gold.

Next, I used red Copic markers to colour the outside of each rectangle, going deeper in colour near the bottom edges.

I popped up the 5 panels on a black panel and then cut 'celebrate' from Letterboard Script 1 3 times - one white and 2 black. I embossed one with the same gold powder and then stacked them up.

I trimmed the black panel so that it was 4.25 x 4. Before I glued it onto a white cardbase, I used the lightest red marker to colour a strip at the top and bottom.

I used:


1 comment:

  1. wow. what an amazing card! So loving the striking red and black!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.