Sunday 6 January 2019

FS622 - Stained Glass Hello


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Kathy! (aka dani114).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Kathy's:
-stained glass look
-floral theme

I changed:
-flower only (no leaves, sun, butterfly)
-created my own frame
-no die cut sentiment

This was an excercise in focus for me! lol! I started by cutting the AJVD Blooming Rose twice - once from black and once from white cardstock.

Using the white cardstock with the hole left from the rose, I cut a circle around it. Then I used the same circle die and one slightly larger to create a black frame. I cut a white square panel and cut a circle from the centre, using the larger circle die.

I cut a black square panel slightly larger than the white square. I adhered the white square (with the circle cut from the centre) to the black panel, then inlaid the black frame, the white circle (which had been blended with blue Catherine Pooler inks), then the black rose outline, then the white petals (which had been blended with red, pink and yellow Catherine Pooler inks).

Finally I stamped a simple sentiment from AJVD's Beautiful Rose with Versafine Nocturne Clair ink.





4 comments:

  1. Fabulous blending on your piece. IT really evokes a stained glass feeling for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring on this is absolutely outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Ardyth, love the blending looks amazing as does the black frame work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fiddly task, but so worth it with this awesome result Ardyth!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.