Saturday 8 December 2018

FS618 - Joy


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Victoria (aka Hawaiian). I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Victoria's:
-Santa (where you can't see his face)
-snowflakes
-winter/christmas pattern
-sequins

I changed:
-no shaker
-stamped pattern
-die cut sentiment

I started with this adorable Gnome (with matching die) from Picket Fence Studios. I am loving all the gnomes this year - I had no idea I liked them so much!

I stamped him with Catherine Pooler Twilight ink onto white cardstock. After I inked and before I stamped, I used my finger to remove most of the ink on the pattern that is on his hat - I wanted a solid red hat.

Then I did some no-line colouring. The red was pretty simple, but when it came to his 'white beard', I was concerned at how dark the Twilight outline was. I just kept filling in with darker and darker Warm Gray markers until it 'disappeared'.

For the background, I used Essentials by Ellen's Plaid Maker set  with red cardstock and Versafine Clair Nocturne ink to create a buffalo check. I made it bigger than I needed, so I could centre the pattern on the square (I'm picky like that!). I cut some snowflakes from Pop Up Mittens and my sentiment using the Classic Block Alphabet dies (you may recall that I lost my 'y', so I bought another set. I thought for sure that would 'help' me find the lost y, but not so far! lol!)

I added some Sparkling Clear Confetti sequins for a touch of sparkle.

Here's a quick video:



I used:



3 comments:

  1. Super cute CASE! That colored Santa is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ardyth - love this wee gnome with his gorgeous red hat! The buffalo plaid is an awesome background!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.