Sunday 9 December 2018

Challenge Me a Christmas Card - Snow


I'm so excited that Michelle Lupton invited me to play along with her annual 'Challenge me a Christmas Card' series this year! 


Our theme is snow and I went for a dramatic, monochrome look with this big Birch Press snowflake and sentiment.

I started by cutting the 3 layers of the snowflake - white for the top and bottom and silver glitter for the middle layer. I glued them together with my Lawn Fawn Glue Tube and used an acrylic block to weigh it down as the glue set.

I used the new Joy die with white on the bottom and silver for the top layer. I love how the line width of the silver is about the same on each element. That gives the overall design some unity.

Then I struggled with the size of the card and the colour. In the end, it was clear that these elements required a larger, 5x7 card.

What wasn't as clear was the colour I should use. I wanted to try that tone-on-tone inkblending that I'm seeing everywhere, and I always think it looks so nice on red, but I was still drawn to the idea of monochrome, so I used some Ellen Hutson Slate cardstock, blended with Catherine Pooler Black Jack ink. I love the subtle depth it gives!

To finish the card, I added some of the new Essentials by Ellen Clear Droplets.


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Ardyth, love these layered dies, one day I might get myself one but happy to admire others for now. Stunning card xx Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this clean and elegant
    card! I may CASe this(smaller version)
    for a few cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely dramatic Michelle! I love the monochrome look and big scale snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - drama and sheer beauty combined Ardyth - this is fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.