Friday 19 October 2018

Neat & Tangled Guest Designer - Tis the Season


Good morning! I'm excited to be back with my second post as the October Guest for Neat & Tangled!

Today I've created a fun winter scene using images from 5 different stamp sets, some masking, ink-blending and Copic colouring!

I started by creating a rough 'sketch' of my card on a scrap piece of paper, by stamping the images where I wanted them - no masking, just quick layout planning. I worked out in my mind which images were in front and which were behind and numbered them, in the order I would need to stamp and mask them.


Then I had to cut out all those masks! Once I had that all finished, I stamped the images, in order and placed their masks over top. 

When the scene was completely masked, I created snowdrifts with some post it tape and blue Catherine Pooler ink. Then I blended more ink over the top of the card to create a bright blue sky.

Then came the big reveal - I've been doing it for years, but it's still magic when all the masks come off!

Next was a whole lot of Copic colouring. I kept it simple - a bit of shading for dimension and a limited colour scheme. I added some details with a white gel pen and some Stickles for sparkle.

Here's a video:



Don't forget that you can still use the code below for 10% off your Neat & Tangled order!

Stamp Sets:
Oh Deer
Santa's Wonderland
Into the Woods
Beary Merry
Get Yeti


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous winter scene Ardyth - and great patience with cutting the masks, but so worth it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design and the way you fixed the booboo! A really fun imaginative card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply wonderful card...looks so amazing and reminds of being a kid watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.