Sunday 16 September 2018

FS606 - Merry Christmas


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper Preethi (Preethisc). I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Preethi's:
-floral images on each side
-vellum panel
-gold die cut sentiment

I changed:
-season to Christmas
-not-functional (Preethi's flowers open in a gatefold)

I used my Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils to colour the Mondo Holly image that I stamped on each side of my panel (Memento Tuxedo Black on Stonehenge white paper). I had to offset them to give them some breathing space. I love the look these pencils give - almost a retro/vintage children's book vibe. And I'm really enjoying my time getting more comfortable with these pencils and am working up to a video....

I couldn't bear to cover one bit more of my colouring than I had to, so I cut my vellum strip to the minimum I needed for my beautiful, hand-lettered die cut sentiment, which was cut 3 times and glued together so that it would stand out a bit more.

I also couldn't bear to cut the panel down much, so I added a narrow mat of gold and then a adhered that black cardbase just barely peeking out.

I used:

4 comments:

  1. Wow - your use of the polychromos is amazing Ardyth - love this card, and the way you have sited the stamping is wonderful, as is the gold on vellum sentiment.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth, you make that stamp look amazing. I was underwhelmed seeing it in the release...but wow you really make it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Is the word die “Merry Christmas” still available?

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.