Friday 6 July 2018

Muse 273 - Thanks


 I made these two card for this week's Muse Card Club, where Anita gave us this pretty inspiration:


I focused on Anita's:
-blended colours
-black elements and sentiment

As you can see, I ended up making two cards. This is my first time ever using Arches Cold Press Watercolour paper and I was having fun seeing how I liked it.


For the first card, I reversed Anita's idea of the blended stripe on the plain background. I masked a vertical stripe then created my blended background using Catherine Pooler inks. Wow do they ever blend seamlessly on this cardstock! I removed the mask right away, but still got 'fluffy' edges (not sure if that's the paper or the mask). Once it was dry, I stamped a branch from Wild Garden and a sentiment from Counting Blessings. Thank goodness for MISTI because I had to stamp over and over to get a black impression. I tried both Midnight and Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, both needed to be stamped several times on this bumpy, absorbent paper. 



For the second card, I created a horizontal stripe like Anita's, but with vertical blending. Or is that horizontal blending? Well, you know what I mean! lol!

I stamped some stars from Starlights and a sentiment from Spot On and then used the matching die to cut out the star and popped it up.

Overall, I loved painting on the cardstock, but I'm not in love with the creamy colour. I prefer a clean, crisp white. But the ease and result of the blending was amazing, so I'll definitely use it again, at least for that.

I used:

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, loving your reverse and opposite versions of my ink blending. And you're right, that blending is seamless on that paper, it looks fabulous. Two wonderful cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fabulous takes on Anita's card. I really love the first one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome blending Ardyth - love your cards, especially the first one with the white stripe.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so nicely done; really like the card with the white strip down the middle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, just loooove the colours, so rich and beautifully blended, the first is my fav

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.