Wednesday 25 July 2018

Church Christmas - Tip for Mass-producing


I'm working hard to catch up on this year's Church Christmas Project (click on tab above for more information and examples from past years).

This simple card caused me a little problem. I knew I wanted to us the MISTI to stamp the shepherd, sentiment and star, but that meant that my blended hillside should be in the same place on each panel. But there's no positioner for ink blending, so I 'invented' one! lol!

I cut a simple hillside mask from scrap paper and used it to blend my first panel with green ink. Then I taped it to my work surface and lined up all the rest of the panels so that my blending was in the same spot each time. Then I used the other side of the mask to blend the sky.

Can't picture it? It's a bit hard to explain, so I made a quick video:


I used:

Night in Bethlehem from Stampin' Up!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this tip!!! What a time saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful tip, Ardyth! Thanks also for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Tip, Ardyth! Beautiful card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tip on making a hill. Really needed that. Love that Shepard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip - simple, quick, already have supplies on hand, consistent results.... genius! This can be used so many ways. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card Ardyth and thank you so much for the tips in the video. I think I need to do something like this for my Christmas cards this year for the Nursing Home - all 252 residents.Of course not all the same card but definitely this idea. Now to go and buy a stamp set like this, I knew I needed this set. xx hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was having a difficult time understanding/visualizing how you masked the card for the blending and using the Misti for stamping. Your video was quick, simple, and once I "saw" what your words stated, totally understandable! Thank you so much for taking time to post this. Wishing you much joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius idea Ardyth - a real time saver!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.