Monday 4 June 2018

MCV101 - Joy


This is my card for the current Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge where our Guest, Pam gave us this card for our inspiration:

I focused on Pam's:
-dove
-circle
-colours
-joy

I absolutely love the gold outline on Pam's dove and it was my intention to do the same thing with my Poppy Stamps dove, but when all the pieces stayed in after die cutting the gold mirror cardstock (at least initially! LOL!), I loved the drama the full-gold dove gave. I cut 2 white circles, one slightly smaller than the other. I coated the smaller one with adhesive. I cut the dove and the Essentials by Ellen JOY out of the larger circle and then inlaid the gold pieces back into the white circle, using the smaller, sticky circle to help hold it all together.

My background is a simple wash of 4 Catherine Pooler inks on Tim Holtz watercolour cardstock.

I used:


4 comments:

  1. What a dramatic card Ardyth - love it. So glad you persisted and replaced all the wee pieces, the dove is exquisite.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning with that gold dove. I love it! Thanks so much for letting me be the MCV muse this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Ardyth ... stylish and stunning! You'll smile when you see my card ... great minds?! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dove all in gold and these soft colors in the background.... Magnificent!
    Hugs,Rosi

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.