Sunday 29 October 2017

FS560 - Merry Christmas


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper, Jennie (aka CraftyJennie). I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Jennie's:
-festive plaid
-Christmas greenery with red accents

I changed:
-more white
-wreath to tree
-position of focal image and sentiment

This Concord & 9th plaid background set is so fun! You can just use the big background stamp, to get a gingham look, or you can stamp the thin stripes as well to add colour and interest. I thought it would be fun to mask the stamp and just stamp a plaid border on the inside of the card. I shortened the front of the card so that the plaid is visible. The card back is 4.25x5.5 and the front is about 4.25x4.25.

I finished the card with the tree and ornaments from Modern Christmas and Cozy Christmas from Ellen Hutson, stamped in the same red and green that I used on the plaid background. Like yesterday, I used my MISTI to stamp the tree several times to ensure good saturated coverage.





I used:


8 comments:

  1. Ugh--I didn't need to know about this plaid stamp! :) It does look like a lot of fun. This is a great card and thanks much for showing the how-tos in your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Ardyth and your videos are just plain fun!! Thanks so much for always brightening my day!! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that plaid stamp and just got it myself. I was just playing with doing two colors on the thin lines but I also like how you did two lines between the darker ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you chose for the plaid and how black is the predominate color. It really makes the green and red stand out. I've been a little obsessed with plaid lately, so now I think I have another stamp to purchase. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun, and so festive with that plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the contrast between the big bold plaid and the delicate tree, Ardyth
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that plaid stamp and how you used it on your card. I just wish I'd receive mine...

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.