Tuesday 15 August 2017

Muse Challenge #229 - Get Well Soon


Here's my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where Tracey has given us a fun, whimsical inspiration:


I focused on Tracey's:
-layout
-blue background
-colour scheme

I have the hippos, and they haven't seen any ink yet, but I didn't want to be too close to Tracey's card, so I squinted and blurred my eyes and decided to focus on the colours of the balloons and use this pretty bunch of tulips. I chose a very grey-looking green for my stems, to kind of incorporate the grey of the hippo. I did not emboss my sentiment in white on black because that is a skill I do not have! lol! But I placed it in a similar position. Finally, I masked and sponged some pale blue in the background and added some Stickles for sparkle.

I used:
-Clearly Besotted Delightful Day Additions

9 comments:

  1. Great take on the card and so pretty with a beautiful soft background. Love the grey stems on the flowers to pick up on the hippo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue background is awesome, Ardyth! I love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tulips are so pretty and I love how you colored them, Ardyth! Love your soft blue background, too! A lovely take on Tracey's inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors on your tulips are lovely! This is a wonderful card Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous addition to the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that soft, subtle background. gorgeous Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring on the tulips is so pretty, very sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm - squinting at the Muse card; I'll try this technique when I can't figure out what to do! Lovely card, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card inspired by Muse, I love that bouquet!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.