Wednesday 19 April 2017

Muse212 - Thanks


I love the look of monochromatic cards, like the one Jenni has given us as inspiration for this week's Muse:



I have been excited to try a technique that I saw here and knew that these Altentew flowers would work. The idea is that you use one of the solid layers with misted distress ink to get a watercolour look, and then stamp the outline. I used a couple of colours of distress ink to give some interest.

I was about half-way through making my card when I realized that I was using the same set Jenni had used; but she got a completely different look by using a different layer. So I decided to change up my colour and use some green MFT inks and give her technique a try as well!


I used:

15 comments:

  1. Stunning cards, as always! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try that technique too, now! Such a gorgeous card. As is the second one, with a completely different look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lovely cards, Ardyth. Especially like the rich blue and purple card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of that first card will have to give it a try when I get home!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that technique but haven't given it a try yet. Now that I've seen it again in your lovely example, Ardyth, I will definitely do it. I love it in the green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see these 2 very different takes on Jenni's card. I love the arty look of the first card...also how wonderfully CAS it is x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower looks absolutely amazing, Ardyth!!!! Love the thin strip of glitter paper at the top!!! Your second card with the leaves is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome technique, amazing results, stunning creation! Lovin' the purple!!!

    The green leaves on the 'thanks' card are so fun & vibrant. Nice wee bits of bling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very beautiful cards, Ardyth! I love the result of the technique on your flower, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love how you have coloured that flower - really caught my eye, and I had to have a closer look. Beautiful colouring, so delicate.

    I love your leafy card too - looks beautiful!

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two absolutely GORGEOUS cards, Ardyth! I think I'm going to try this technique, too...thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.