Saturday 29 April 2017

FS534, TO83 - Lovely Flowers


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Kemernow!

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on:
-floral theme
-cut out for sentiment

I changed:
- technique (from markers to distress ink stamping)
-layout
-added back a white panel in my sentiment cut out

I am also linking up to the current Time Out challenge - flowers.

I call this 'no-watercolour-watercolouring'. This is a variation on a technique from Shari here. This lovely sketchy floral stamp set (Golden Garden) has no corresponding solid stamps, so I used solid stamps from another set (Mini Blossoms). I chose a solid stamp that kinda-sorta fit the image I was stamping. I knew this would give me a loose watercolour feel and I purposely did not emboss the outline stamps, so that the ink could go outside the lines sometimes.  Each solid stamp was inked with distress ink and then misted before stamping. Each area was stamped with more than one colour, to create blending and interest.

Here's a quick video of part of the process. This was the second time I did this, and you can see that I was using more water than in the card above. This resulted in softer colours. Also, notice the point at which I realize that my Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint ink cubes got mixed up!




I used:




16 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and colours used Ardyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your 'no watercolour-watercolouring'!!! Can't wait to try this and will probably CASE it to get the "feel" of the colouring technique! Thanks very much for the inspiration (as usual :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful... Always when I see this stamp set used and colored in this beautifully I think I just have to have it! Wonderful card, so artsy and CAS at the same time. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this arty look and had no idea that it was another stamp-just stunning. I am so pleased you shared with us at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic technique! Can't wait to give it a try 😄 Thanks for the inspiration Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for another beautiful card to inspire me and congrats on being picked for your card on the the Altenew website!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun to try--I'm so glad you shared the video of how to make this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your videos...they are awesome! And of course your card is gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all your incredible video's, you are so stinkin' talented and I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have admired your card, watched both yours and Shari's videos, and am off to try my own version! I hope that indicates how much I like your card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coloring outside the lines has never looked better! Love the whimsical feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an inspired idea, Ardyth. I have that set and never know just how to color it. I'm off to look for some other stamps I can use with it for this technique. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! What a terrific idea. This looks beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous, artsy look, Ardyth ... this is lovely ... a brilliant technique I've not seen before, so clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cool idea Ardyth and absolutely love how it turned out!! I definitely have to give this a go. It really does have a water colour look and love the colours you used too. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us at TIME OUT, always lovely to have you!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.