Sunday 26 July 2015

MCV12 - Merry Christmas


Here's my card for this week's Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, where we have the extremely talented Marika Rahtu as our guest. Here's her inspiration card:




I focused on these elements:

1) whimsical outline image including a gift
2) backwards "L" shape of image
3) similar colours
3) LOTS of white space
4) black sentiment with script and block font in upper left corner

My image is an old Sunshine Designs elf. He is tiny and my eyes were literally crossing trying to colour him in with my copics. Don't look too closely! lol!

Since my focal image was so small, I chose an equally small PTI sentiment and created a frame by cutting it out with a MFT Pierced Square and popping it up.

The deadline for this week's challenge is Wednesday morning at 8 am. Voting starts then and continues until Thursday morning at 8. Voting results will be posted on Thursday at noon.

14 comments:

  1. This looks awesome Ardyth! Love this take on Marika's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coloring, Ardyth! Though tiny, this little guy has a lot of cuteness going on...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly cute, perfectly CAS, perfectly perfect, Ardyth ... love your little gift-toting elf! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet this was hard to colour! So adorable though x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such a cute, cute card Ardyth and such a fabulous take on Marika's inspiration card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card.Love the simplicity but don't think I would have been brave enough to colour such a small image.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just a genius, the same backward "L" shape....just genius. What a sweet littlle image too!!!! I am always HAPPY to see you at MUSE CV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super cute card Ardyth and a great take on the Muse card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just an adorable card! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet as can be! First thing I noticed was how the pierced border drew my eye directly to the cute image! It reminds me of the stamp stickers that quite often come with a box of Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did I see a coloured card from you, Ardyth..?!? :) So glad that I did since it is just splendid!!! I was so in awe while reading how you were inspired. In particular I love the L-shape and you found the perfect image to go along with it. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's perfect that the little elf follows the image lines of the inspiration card. The card is just darling, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.