Sunday 12 July 2015

MCV10 - Joy to the World


This is my card for MCV10, where Chriss gave us this warm, wintry inspiration:



I know, you're sitting there wondering what the connection is right? Well, let's just say that this card was an evolution.

I knew for sure I wanted to use Chriss' fun colour scheme (I used SU! Real Red, PTI Bermuda Bay and MFT Limelight). I cut this curved shape from MFT's Blueprint #25 for Chriss' curved panel edge. And I used a sentiment with JOY in it (unknown, very, very old JOY and separate 'to the world'). Oh yes, and a red card base. Wow, that's more than I thought! lol!

I don't have any mittens (stamps or dies - how did that happen?). I did try adding texture and stamping to the curves. I thought about stamping the sentiment in red on the white (for the red and white twine), but it didn't feel like me, and at the end of the day, you need to feel like your take on any inspiration still feels like you, right?

Anyway, in the end, I love the feeling of the joy bursting from the sentiment and I think that the colour scheme is really enough to show that I was inspired by Chriss' card. And that's the whole point of this challenge!

I hope you'll get a chance to join us - the deadline is Wednesday at 8 am EDT. At that time you can vote for your 3 favourites until Thursday at 8 am. Results will be posted on Thursday at noon (hopefully; please read below!)

This morning, Kate and I are leaving for Music Camp. Kate is a student and I'm on faculty as piano accompanist and theory teacher. There is wifi up there but it's not always reliable and I'll be pretty busy, so if you notice that my comments are sparse and that voting posts go up empty, you'll know why! I will definitely fix everything that goes wrong when I get back next Sunday.

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic interpretation of Chriss's card Ardyth, I love the colourful curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! The color bursts are fabulous. Have a wonderful time at music camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE your take on Chriss's card, Ardyth! Those color bursts are just perfect and it looks like you are now enabling me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on Chriss' card Ardyth! Love the curve of the panels and the colors of the panels. Your sentiment is perfect as well. Have a great trip! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome inspired card -- thanks for linking the BP25 - I LOVE the way you used that one die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the connection right away and I LOVE your take on the inspration card! Gorgeous Ardyth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
    I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you interpreted the photo! Seriously...no mitten stamps or dies ???

    Love the red card base and adore the "JOY" sentiment!

    Enjoy the week at music camp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really grabs ME!!!! POW, love this...what will I make?....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Bold & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know how you could not have the right mitten stamps or dies! I've been looking for the right flower stamps this morning! lol Love what you did instead though Ardyth! Always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I LOVE this Ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...would love to see how your brain works when you see a card! This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is definitely a "you" card, Ardyth, and I can see how you were inspired. You never cease to amaze me in how you interpret those inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, you certainly stayed Ardyth-esque, Ardyth ... it's fabulous ... those swooshes of colour bursting from the 'joy' are positively exuberent! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.