Friday 5 June 2015

Muse 120 - Thank You, Vicki!


This is my card for this week's Muse challenge, where our farewell inspiration from Vicki is this beautiful card:



I focused on the butterfly theme, the white on white card, the script sentiment and its placement on the card as well as the colours. This Penny Black butterfly stamp is one of my favourites from a design point of view - I love how crisp the edges are, even without an outline. However, this butterfly stamp is not my favourite to work with - it's that kind of acrylic that allows the ink to pool on it, making it difficult to get a good impression - MISTI to the rescue! You can restamp in exactly the same spot until all those areas are fully inked.  The sentiment is from A Muse.

I added a few strokes of copic markers in yellow, blue and pink to the butterfly before smearing a little Stickles in the centre for some subtle sparkle.

This card is on its way to Vicki, to thank her for being such a wonderful source of inspiration, a reliable DT member and a good friend over the past year and a half. I know you join me in wishing her all the best! And I hope you'll join us before the deadline on Monday morning at 8 am. At that time you can vote for your 3 favourites and voting results will be posted on Tuesday at noon.

21 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the rainbow of colors on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks so much for having me on the Team! It was a pleasure, but I do look forward to joining in again as a player :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly is stunning Ardyth - I love your card:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing...love how you colored the butterfly Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swooning here Ardyth! Jaw-droppingly awesome as ever. Great image and beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one word for it ...stunning!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you chose to colour this butterfly! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a beautiful butterfly card Ardyth! I love the detail and color in this beautiful butterfly. The script font is perfect. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness ~ this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! That's my kind of colouring, and I love the script sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous take on Vicki's card - love the way you coloured the butterfly. And you have to stop singing the praises of the MISTI. I'm trying very hard to resist buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ardyth: hope you know that even though I'm terrible at commenting (Queen of Disorganized...yep, I'm wearing that crown!), your cards appear in my Feedly, where they received plenty of oohing, aahing, gazing and admiring. One of my summer goals: smartening up on the commenting front, because you truly are an incredible source of inspiration to me. Need to let you know that more often. Your butterfly...smitten with, crushing over and in love! Gorgeous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from RI!! Your card is beautiful...can you tell me where the butterfly is from???

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simple, yet so appealing and pretty. I read you used Copic markers, but it looks a lot like watercolor too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gasp ... simply beautiful, Ardyth ... so stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning colour on this delicate beauty!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.