Thursday 18 June 2015

MM163 - Merry Christmas


Don't let this card fool you. It's sitting there, smirking at me. It looks simple and clean and innocent, doesn't it? But this one came into life screaming like crazy. Or maybe that was me. I am happy with the result, though, so all that screaming was worth it! lol!

This week's Merry Monday Challenge is Red and White.



I started by using my MISTI and Ranger Classic Cherry ink to stamp a striped image from Simon Says Stamp Handlettered Winter Wishes. I let it sit for a while before cutting it to a 1/2" strip and sponging the edges with Antique Linen distress ink. This makes it look round like a candy cane.

Working with red can be tricky. It gets everywhere. It seems to stay wet forever and  you find smudges in the darndest places. So it took me a while to get to the finish with a clean white card, stamped with a clean black Hero Arts sentiment. It's ok, today is recycling pick up, so in about half and hour, all the evidence will be gone and this card can maintain its cool image.  ;-)




22 comments:

  1. FAB-u-LOUS and well worth the effort

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAS design! I agree red is a pain, gets everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous Ardyth!! You take CAS to a whole new level!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny! But I totally get your frustration...my color nemesis is navy blue. On my hands, on my desk, splotches all over, smudges on the almost finished card...yep, been there. This card, my friend, was definitely worth any amount of screaming. It is CAS Christmas card perfection. I love this one! Hope that Mr, Mojo and the inks all behave themselves tomorrow! Miss you!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks crisp, clean and marvelous. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the hardest to execute, however, so I am sympathetic to all your attempts that ended up recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ardyth,

    My pile of 'scrap' is growing by the day. I love clean and simple cards, but find them very difficult to make.

    Thank you for keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your struggles were worth it as this card is perfection! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya on the red ink....the soft touch of inking on the edges is perfect. Simply, yet dramatic. Fabulous Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I am so loving this card even if it did or you did come screaming as it came to life! I don't know what it is about white and red and candy cane looking stripes, but they always grab the eye and command attention from everyone and this card is no exception! Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...wonder if there are epidurals for card makers?

    Well worth the effort cuz THIS IS AMAZING!!! New #1 favorite...and there have been a whole lot of favs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, so striking, simple and still very festive. I know I have a candy cane somewhere around here...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this CAS card. Perfect in everyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy, can I identify with those smudges, Ardyth! Red is the worst, but you have a clean looking card here! No candy smudges that I can see! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. incredible! CAS-tastic and FAN-tastic! Love it Ardyth. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - how should I put it? So little to catch the eye (quantity-wise) but so much expression in that. It was well worth all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness--simplicity at it's best! Fabulous card, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tee hee ... sounds like my card (and paper bin) the other day, Ardyth ... but so worth all that screaming, it's CAS perfection! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.