Monday 8 June 2015

Happy Birthday!


I'm channelling two of Laura Bassen's recent cards today. See them here and here. I cut the largest Simon Says Stamp dot circles die a couple of times and then used the outline portion to help me position my intersecting lines of dots. Each dot is coloured with copics and popped up for a little dimension. I finished with a bold W+9 happy die and a stamped 'birthday'.

Then I made another one for our nephew's 5th birthday, using a Papertrey die for the 5.




12 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE both of these cards!
    Just amazing how a few dots can create so much impact!
    Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, so perfect for a 5 year old, full of fun and colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these bright happy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ardyth!! Both of your cards are amazing. I need that die now. I love what you did with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the fun DOTS! I LOVE the 5 year old -perfect for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, both cards are so fun and bold with color! I love them both!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these. Such a great way to incorporate color and set a fun tone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done and so much colourful fun, Ardyth ... love! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These card run circles around other cards, Ardyth. Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and colourful duo Ardyth! I love how you can take the simplest shape and create a masterpiece...just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "SPOT ON" perfect!!!

    Great shading on the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cool patterns you created on both of these! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.