Wednesday 4 February 2015

OLS13 - You Blend


It's so great to work with people who have a sense of humour! Susan is hosting this month's One-Layer Simplicity challenge and you just have to go and read where her inspiration came from. She really made me laugh!

Many of you will remember "My Cousin Vinny", a hilarious movie that I am now dying to watch again. Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei are absolutely excellent in this film! I do not specifically recall the line that Susan refers to, but you can bet that I will notice it the next time I watch!

Anyway, the challenge is to use blending in some way on your card. I masked a narrow strip and blended distress inks before adding a very simple sentiment in black. I've taken a quick look at the gallery and there's a lot of really neat ideas for blending - make sure you check them out!

I hope you'll get a chance to join us - this challenge runs until February 24.

15 comments:

  1. Perfectly gorgeous and perfectly you, Ardyth ... I love it! Pinned! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This challenge is right up your alley and your card is perfection Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tiny little blended strip has so much umph!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Perfect clean and crisp inking as always and I love the rainbow! And I confess I've never seen "My Cousin Vinny". I feel like that's some sort of crime...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much impact from one tiny stripe! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The truth is I suck at blending... not sure what my problem is - cardstock, ink, blending tool? - love your card, loved that movie, loved Susan's blog post... thanks for sharing, Ardyth...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gorgeous card Ardyth! The simple line of blended colors is just beautiful and I so love the bold black sentiment stamped on top. This card rocks! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so striking - CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two utes. I still love that line. Still love that movie. It's one of those timeless comedies, like Young Frankenstein... And speaking of love, I love this beautifully CAS card. Was working on a blending card, but had to quit. YKW comin' on. Again. But I love this. Muted and lovely colors. Hey...miss you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bold look and fun challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fabulous! Perfectly lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card...love your single word sentiment too, just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ardyth, this is just stunning. Love the simplicity of it. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ardyth, this is FABULOUS!!!!! I totally love every little thing about it and will be stealing this idea for myself. It's a perfect design...PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.