Friday 9 January 2015

Muse 99 - Happy Birthday!


This is my card for Muse 99 where our inspiration this week comes from DT Member Vicki's LOVE-ly valentine:



I focused on the basic layout and colours and changed the occasion. I used the PTI Phrase Play Happy die (cut down to a square) and sponged the 'red' background using Seedless Preserves and Ripe Persimmon. I used 3 gold enamel dots to capture the red dots and gold sequins from Vicki's original.

There's still a couple of days to play along - the deadline is Monday morning at 8 am EST. Voting begins at that time and continues until Tuesday morning at 9. Voting results will be posted at noon on Tuesday. Hope to see you there!

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Ardyth! Spot on like... always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of gold gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the colors of distress inks you used Ardyth, I would have never thought to put those two together but I'm glad you did! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the symmetry of your card - will definitely be borrowing the idea to cut this die to a square :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That added depth you created with the sponging was a stellar move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sponging - was curious to see how you would interpret
    Vicki's card - perfect, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome sponging, Ardyth ... wonderful with all the gorgeous white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everytime I look at that muse gallery your card is one of the very first that draws my eye. Its no different this time. Love the inking and on closer inspection those gold dots are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So striking design!!! Love it, Ardyth! May

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS sponged background! Love the circle/square contrast and the wee spots of gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning birthday card Ardyth and I love all that red that you sponged, so so beautiful. Thanks to you I now have all the mini distress inks and they are neatly tucked away in the sweet metal tins with their own blending sponges stored under neath the inks...so much fun to be ready to go now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blending of the distress inks is awesome! Cool take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful take on the muse, Ardyth, and beautiful blending of inks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning....I simply ADORE your wonderful creative style! Oh how I WISH my cards and MOJO flowed out like yours!

    You truly have such a gift...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.