Saturday 1 November 2014

Muse 91 - Set of Three


Are you wondering if you're in the right place? Yes, it's me. Ardyth at MASKerade. Using DP on three cards! And that's for two reasons.

One - Our Guest Muse, Michele, has challenged us to make a set of 3 cards using one sheet of DP for our Muse challenge this week.


Two - You know that I was away with the "BABES" last week. Darnell left each of us with a little present. My present contained a 6x6 pad of Bobunny Enchanted Garden paper, some twine, bling, buttons, die cuts, a stamp set with matching dies, etc., etc,

What a perfect opportunity to think outside my own box and use these supplies! (Disclaimer: since my DP sheets were only 6x6, I used 3 of them, which is still less than 1 12x12 sheet).

Here's a closer look at the 3 individual cards:


I love this little house stamp (along with the balloons) from Avery Elle's Hello Friend set. The curved sentiments work perfectly! A frame of matching dp still feels very clean on this one. 


This one uses the same house cut out with its matching die, a panel that Darnell embossed, and DP used as a mat and as a strip (the front of the card is narrower than the back, so when the card's closed you can see the strip of DP)


Finally, a simple thank you, using a die cut that Darnell included, a big piece of the dp as background and some matching twine.

I hope you'll get a chance to join us at Muse this week. The deadline is Monday at 8 am. Voting starts then and continues until Tuesday at 8.  Voting results will be posted at noon on Tuesday. (and don't forget, you get an extra hour for this week's challenge if you're in most of North America - clocks turn back tonight!)

21 comments:

  1. You're FAST, Ardy! When I popped in and saw your set of three, I almost got a whiplash! I'm so glad to see you actually using the pp and doing a magnificent job of designing with it! You should do it more often! I love all three of them!! (And thank you for the shout out; you didn't need to do that!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS! Congratulations on reaching 300 followers!! Whoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Ardyth. That sure is pretty paper you used. Lovely creations. Fun to see how everyone makes three different cards with one pattern paper. I want to play, I am just trying to get ahead on my DT assignments before vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Ardyth. Love how you've used the beautiful DP while still creating perfectly CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Not used to seeing you use DSP but this trio is fabulous Ardyth. Love the MUSE inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of Darnell! I love the cards you made! Gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of Darnell to leave you all with a little gift! And you have used that DP in an awesome way Ardyth! I love the three cards, they are all unique and beautiful. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Ardyth, you have showcased this wonderful gift from Darnell beautifully! Those papers, gorgeous; the cards, swooning-inducing! In awe...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! That patterned paper is gorgeous and you've showcased it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous, Ardyth! Thank you for stepping outside the box, with all these goodies from Darnell. I can't wait to hear more about that trip next week!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only you can use DSP and make your usual graphic cards with such style. It wasn't so scary, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just unpacked mine ... and now I have some ideas to CASE! Brilliant Ardyth ... isn't it fun to step out of the box a little and still have finished DP cards that are both CAS and gorgeous ... these are! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that you posted all occasion cards!!! YAY, gorgoeus! You realy are the hardest working card maker ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...another set of cards made using the sweet gift from Darnell. I am so behind now and will have to get to work on mine this week. I love your cards, so so sweet and your designs, amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, what?! Patterned paper? What an awesome surprise! I wonder if you're going to use the rest of the pack sometime : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thought I took a wrong blog, but still see your "graphic-CAS-style in these beautiful cards! What a great way to go out of your comfortzone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I definitely thought I hit the wrong button when I saw the DP! I've unpacked my goodies but haven't had time to sit down to play! I love how you used your paper and like Anita, I may (as in will) be CASE-ing some of your creations! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic use of designer paper! I'm so jealous that you're a BABES... Err... that somehow came out wrong. :) Anyway. I really like the last card. Something about the graphic way you've used the inverse image is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous trio of cards Ardyth! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That paper is gorgeous and I love that your cards still feel clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are gorgeous. I just discovered your blog and am looking forward to going through the archives. :) Would you please tell me the name of the paper stack these came from (i.e. which Bo Bunny line it is)? Thank so much!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.