Friday 17 October 2014

FFC42 - Mid Challenge Inspiration(s)


Time for some mid-challenge inspiration for the current Festive Friday Challenge! 

Remember our inspiration is this:


I made three cards for this week. (did I mention that I love this photo!)

 The first one, like last week's, focuses on the chairs. All that white space, shimmery red ribbon and some pops of brown and green. I used a Savvy die in Early Espresso sponged in white, a Victorine Originals Pinebranch stamped off once in Mossy Meadow and an unknown (but oh-so-useful) 'to the world'.



My next card focuses on the candles in the jars on the table. I love the layered look of the white, dark red and sand all contained in the glass, so I incorporated those elements into my card made out of a transparency sheet. I used a Stampin' Up die which I think looks a lot like ribbon, and which also works for this inspiration photo!


Finally, I went ultra-CAS. One layer, two colours, 5 stamps. The sentiment is Gina K Designs, and the holly and berries came from the PTI Tinsel and Tags kit.

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday Oct 22 at midnight - hope to see you there!

12 comments:

  1. Three beautiful cards. Love how clean and crisp they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous, Ardyth ... these are all so crisp and fresh and so beautifully CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it with all three cards! Those 2 Joy cards are so classy and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are awesome! But my favorite is Joy card with shimmery red ribbon! Love the way you stamped the pine needles under the ribbon. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo! May

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo too and finally have made a card, after staring at it for a week. I adore the middle card, fab graphic look and the clear sheet is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trio of beautiful Christmas cards! Wonderful designs! I love that each look different, yet follow the inspiration! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trio of beautiful Christmas cards! Wonderful designs! I love that each look different, yet follow the inspiration! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these three, along with the card from last week, are all beautiful! So different, yet all so perfectly capturing that gorgeous inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am loving the inspiration photo as well! All three of your cards are amazing Ardyth but the first one with the red ribbon and pines is my favorite! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three stunning cards! Must say I love the first and second; super effect to use those materials this way! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.