Saturday 26 May 2012

CASE Study 92 - Monogram Fun



I haven't played along on the CASE Study Challenge for a while - this week's challenge card is a real beauty.



I don't know what Aga used to get that amazing texture, so I just focused on making a cool and slightly unexpected monogram. I used fun colours and a lot (a LOT) of masking to create this "K" card with an old outline alphabet (sorry, I don't know who makes it). Then I cut it out and attached it to the black circle to make it pop. Stickles for some sparkle, and my daughter Kate will love this!


9 comments:

  1. Super cute and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the retro feel...that K just jumps off the card! The masking was so worth it :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! Love the way the "k" has so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking card! It just pops off the screen. Masking is something I haven't really mastered, so I am in awe of your 'K's! Your daughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that glitter!!! Very COOL card! You've inspired me to dig my glitter out and play around to see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous masking! Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, I was wondering who the "k" was for...very cool! LOVE all the colours in all those "k"s. Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun twist on the traditional monogram, Ardyth! I love the added glitter and the contrast with the black circle. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fun take on the monogram - so very cool!
    If you're wondering, Aga used a product called Flower Soft for her monogram. It produces a really cool texture, soft and pretty!
    Anyways and I digress - Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.