Thursday 12 April 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 91


This was tough for me. I am often late to trend parties. In fact, I often never arrive at trend parties (big clunky shoes and low-rise jeans to name but two!). Penants is one of the trends that I just don't quite get. Oh, plenty of people are making very nice cards with them, but I'm just not inspired, somehow.

I considered turning it upside down and making it a row of Christmas trees (I may still do that!), but then I remembered "Free Spirit" - my favourite Waltzingmouse image set (I think Say it Loud is my favourite sentiment set) and came up with this.


(Edited to add: when I posted this to the Waltzingmouse blog this morning, the card before mine was exactly how I described doing the Christmas trees - spooky!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Free Spirit, Say it Loud (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Soft Sky, Sour Apple, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Dimensionals, Copics and Stickles

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ardyth! I LOVE your fun paper planes! so colorful and pretty! How funny that you were going to do the trees! - I hope you still do - everyone sees things differently and I'm sure yours would be different than mine and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great CAS card! I love how unique this is with the colorful paper planes! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is SUCH a cool card, Ardyth! LOVE the way you used the sketch, those airplanes look like they are shimmering in the sunlight! They totally look 3-dimensional! So awesome, a great masculine card, tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the simplicity... Thank you for leaving a comment on my card, and giving me the chance to browse your gallery. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the planes in place of the banner looks great!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.