Saturday 31 March 2012

Inspiration Challenge 330

Another amazing site for our inspiration challenge: Harabu House - an eclectic mix of home accents and decor and kids' stuff, and all sorts of really pretty stuff that you don't know you need until you see it, know what I mean? LOL! But what a feast for the eyes! I chose three:


This reminded me of this week's CASE study challenge - another opportunity for some nested die cuts - and who doesn't love pink and purple together (especially a little girl who still has a thank you card or two to write)?




And of course, I found some horse inspiration (from reindeer, I think):

Even from the back, this little guy reminds me of my little friend from church. He's 3 and determined and is the only boy who plays a tambourine in the group of timbrellists that I lead (more on that another day!)



But I've saved what I think is the best for last. I used a new alphabet from My Stamp Box and some copper embossing powder to transform this:


into this:



Incorrect word splitting aside, I think it's kind of cool (although if I had added another * in between happy and birthday, I could have had four rows of four to make a square! Oh, the things we think of AFTER!)

Did you hear that Canada is discontinuing the penny (the copper disks made me think of this). Now I live in a country that MAKES NO CENTS! Ha! Ha! (sorry!)

Supplies:
Thank you
Stamps: Stamps of Life
Paper: Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Various dies, small flower punch and stickles


Horses:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (lines), ? horses
Paper: Whisper White, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Soft Suede, Marina Mist


Happy Birthday:
Stamps: My Stamp Box
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Copper embossing powder (Old Island Stamping Company), circle punch

1 comment:

  1. You're so punny! I personally love the horsey card - can't seem to get enough of that dancing horse!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.