Saturday 28 January 2012

CASE Study Challenge 75

The CASE study challenge for this week is this colourful get well card by Jen Razsa:


For my first card, I added some depth to the candles by 'feathering' the bases with copic markers. 




For the second card, I used my candle border punch. In my original vision of this card, I did not end up with the thickness of 6 layers of coloured card stock on the front, but then real life kicked in and man, does this card have (unintentional) dimension!  I do like the concentration of colour and overall, I think I prefer this one.




For my next post, a real "What was I thinking?!" and  re-do for the challenge at damasklove's blog.


Supplies:
Stamps: ? Candles, Waltzingmouse sentiment
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury, Whisper White, Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point,  Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Versafine Black, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Concord Crush
Accessories: Stampamajig, Birthday Candle border punch.




5 comments:

  1. I like the rainbow candles - both cards are super. I think I like the layered look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely fabulous!!! LOVE the layered one--wish I could see it in person, because I bet it's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all those candles in all those colors. both cards are really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love both cards! Isn't it amazing how different 2 creations from the same inspiration can be? You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea to stack the candles like this! Thanks for playing the CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.