Tuesday 31 March 2015

CASology 140 - Spring


This week's CASology Cue Card is Spring!



I've gone in a direction that is maybe a little unexpected. I used an old Stampendous build-a-robot set (plus a little hand-drawing for his body) to create a punny, springy card.

Now, I'm not a person who draws. That's why I stamp! But the 'body' portions of stamps that I had with this set were not quite right for the robot I wanted to build. So I took a Copic Multiliner and drew his square little body.  The sketchy, imprecise style of these stamps made this very easy.

When I was finished, I realized that this guy and his sentiment were taking up a lot of space on my main panel.

To keep the card CAS, I

1) grouped the image and the sentiment as close together as I could, starting from the bottom left corner.
2) minimized the colouring, so that there is white space even inside the image
3) popped the panel up on a white card base, to create a clear border around the panel.

Now it's your turn. Can't wait to see how spring inspires you!

20 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I totally adore this card- that robot is fab, my husband would love this card! Such a clever take on spring, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just plain perfection, Ardyth!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a clever take on the theme and nice sketchy addition to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant - I love your take on the cue word. Fun, funky and cute too. And you still managed to get a rainbow in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh how cute is this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a FAB card Ardyth and a real fun take on the cue card! ps had to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and so cute, Ardyth ... this little guy just has me smiling all over my face! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Too cute and clever! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That springy fella reminds me of a Slinky! Very fun take on the cue this week, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO CUTE Ardyth! I love this robot, he made me smile!!! And your coloring is absolutely perfect. The way you left so much white in his body is fantastic, and makes the card not only feel light and airy, but makes the robot look more shiny!
    Hugs, Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable image and a clever take on the theme! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, now this is a clever interpretation of spring, and so nicely done, too. Love how you made your card CAS, and thanks for those tips on how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love your interpretations Ardyth! Too dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You rocked 'fun' with this card! Awesome hand doodling (Shirley will be smilin' when she sees your card!). Great tips on keeping a card CAS, even with a larger image. Best of all - your grey shading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally awesome Ardyth!! The robot "springs", truly creative. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This made me laugh when I saw it, Ardyth! LOVE your interpretation and, I must say, I am in awe of your ability to improvise with a multiliner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto what Melissa said! Can't believe you drew the relevant bibs and bobs!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.