Monday 5 May 2014

Pinterest-inspired Thanks


I found a pretty photo on Pinterest the other day that inspired me to make a card in colours I don't often use: PTI Hibiscus Burst and SU! Coastal Cabana. Aqua and gold reminds me of the old Estee Lauder packaging for my Nana's perfume - Youth Dew (is that still around? Sadly, Nana isn't.)
A great pattern for cake plate



I used my colour-wheel die to create the frame by cutting it 4 times - once in white, pink, aqua and gold. I pieced them together to make one 'pie' and then used circle nestabilities to create the frame. I stacked 3 white and 1 gold Paper Smooches 'thanks' together to finish it off.

In other news, today is Music Monday, the start of Education Week. I'll be at the school playing the piano to accompany the whole school singing for the 10th anniversary of this tradition that celebrates the importance of Music in education. The idea is to get all the kids in all the schools across Canada singing the same song at the same time. It's a great way to build community and remind budget-strapped school boards that Music is essential for kids. If you click on the link, you can see a video of astronaut Chris Hadfield singing the song that was written for him and that he performed from space for last year's Music Monday. We're using the same song this year, but Commander Hadfield will be on earth, participating with his feet on the ground!

12 comments:

  1. I hope Music Monday goes off fabulously! I'm very blessed that our school system has a great music program. Your card is fabulous...love the visual of the Estee Lauder packaging. My nana (at 95) uses Estee Lauder Visible Difference. Simply packaging but my mum and I get the giggles about her using anti-aging cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that pin on your board... and I was wondering what's coming!
    Great job. It looks fab! (LOVE the gold!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing. Have a great time with the students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented - did not know you are also playing piano! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful colors and I love this wheel! I'm intrigued with the concept of all the students singing the same song at the same time! Wouldn't it be wonderful if the whole world could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colours, Ardyth ... the gold is gorgeous with them! What a great idea Music Monday is ... hope everyone kept in time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word... U r brilliant!! I love the way I get inspired by the Pinterest, will have to try this some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Music Monday sounds like something I'd love to hear. Will have to check it out! LOVE your card. No... LOVE!!!! your card. Those colors are the bomb! Great design in gorgeous colors. Have I said how much I love this one?! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music Monday...amazing idea! I think we all need to take notice of one nation singing one song...together! It must be fun being a part of this incredible event!

    Speaking of incredible...that would also be your card and the way that you turned this picture into an amazing creation!

    Youth Dew...yes...one drop behind the ear was more than enough! Had a co-worker that I swear bathed in the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous card. I do not remember that perfume, but those colors and the design do have sort of a retro look. Hope your Music Monday went off well. It sounds like a really incredible project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. Love that thanks die. Love gold. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally loving the colors you used! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.