Tuesday 25 March 2014

CASology 88 - Lucky!


This week's CASology Cue Card is Lucky!



That's a lucky rabbit's foot, there, my friends! Do you remember when kids actually had rabbits' feet on key chains? That always creeped me out a bit, so for this card I left my lucky rabbit foot attached to the rabbit. If it's still too creepy for you, think of a lucky family getting a lovely little baby girl!

Remember my CAS advice from last week? About choosing one or two little items to add interest while keeping your card CAS? I chose to have a monochrome colour scheme with one pop of colour. I cut the Impression Obsession bunny 3 times in Regal Rose, to make him thick and stand out a bit.  I could have added a pom pom for the tail. I could have added a little black bead for his eye. I could have covered the bunny in Stickles for some sparkle (having a hard time not doing this actually!). I could have layered the white strip with Brown Sugar (same colour as the Stampin' Up sentiment). These were all things that I considered for this card. But in the end, I left it plain-jane and I do think it has some charm. And talk about an adaptable design! Make the bunny blue for a boy or brown if you don't know what 'kind' of baby is coming!

Now it's your turn - who wants to get lucky?! First, check out the inspiration that the other members of the DT have come up with:

13 comments:

  1. Super CaS and this time cute-funny too; clever! Have a good day, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little bunny! And he's pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color tones!!! Soothing.
    I agree, the rabbit foot was strange, one of my brothers at one time had one, I remember it was dyed green..
    I don't get the wishbone thing either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. And, I love how you talked about all the things you DIDN'T do to keep it CAS. And, yes, I remember rabbits feet, and always thought they were creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect example of CAS. Adorable bunny Ardyth, love that you stacked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a rabbit's foot in high school. I'm guessing that dates me! Love this card; thanks for including me with all you fab designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flash back...loved my rabbit tail key chain Ardyth. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cas comment for your cas card: perfect!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see that little Miss Bunny will not be limping about!

    Awesome post - great information. Love the end result of your 'element restraint' and also how simple it would be to change the color up a bit to suit the new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply adorable! Love your add on ideas, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ardyth, I love this card because of all the things you did NOT add to it...and I love that you described all the possibilities. A classic card, perfect the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see the bunny's so perfectly complete, Ardyth ... separated feet, definitely creepy to me! What a great 'debate' you had about all the possibilities for adding something ... so happy you didn't, it's perfect just the way it is! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Ardyth, thankfully I don't remember 'rabbit feet' but have been told about it. Just wrong on so many levels

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.