Wednesday 22 January 2014

The Card Concept - Challenge 2 - Texture


Welcome back! Wow! The response to our first challenge was thrilling! We're so happy that you like this innovative concept that Lesley came up with!

Time for the second Card Concept challenge - to add texture to your card:



To translate this photo into a Clean and Graphic card, I chose to focus on colours of the house. With CAG, less is almost always more, so there's no need to make sure that every element from your inspiration is included.

I added texture in a couple of ways: first, I ran the strips of Suede and Poppy through my Cuttlebug with my Grosgrain Ribbon texture plate. Having the same texture on the whole panel helps to keep it clean.

I cut out a heart from the main panel and then another to create a white frame like the white trim around the door. The main panel and the heart are popped up with foam tape (the second type of texture). Even adding a tiny touch of Stickles around the edges creates subtle texture and certainly adds some sparkle!

(I'm also linking to CASual Friday's Colour Block challenge)




Here's a reminder of the rules for this challenge:
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 3rd at 3pm EST.

22 comments:

  1. LOVE your interpretation of the photo. That card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold on the edges of the heart add a lot in a simple way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth your translation of the inspiration photo is fantastic, love that you used your signature Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture, I want to touch the card! I haven't seen that impression plate but I will have to look this one up. The strong graphic look really appeals to me, I just wish I could do it! The touch of gold just add the perfect finish x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cool, clean and simple card Ardyth! So bold and graphic! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cool, Ardyth ... love the grosgrain texture ... and of course the stickles ... brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rocks! I especially love how the white space echoes the door - a detail I probably never would have noticed otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry! Only, I think I like this one much, much better. Love the glitter surrounding each heart, and the white in between. Great card, Ardyth, and I hope to play along too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ardyth...less really is more with your beautiful card...love the impression plate you used and I loved your suggestion to make sure that every element from the inspiration is included. I can totally see that with your card...love the gold glittery around the heart border too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, of course, from you, but that gold around the interior edges totally takes it up a notch! I am always fascinated with your tiny details. So glad to see you at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant design, bright bold and WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Stickles rock...and so does the grosgrain EF. I actually had to scoot back to the photo to 'see' the white door frame....which I totally missed until I read your post!

    Awesome interpretation of the photo in the texture of the roof and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore this card. The texture is perfect, and I love how you mimicked the trim on the door with the white part of the heart. Who makes that Grograin IP?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Details, details perfect! Love that subtle impression on the card stocks and the sparkle around the heart, wow, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You ACED this challenge...love that gold on the heart and the paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW...what else can you say, this is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A 'Wow' card, Ardyth! I love the grosgrain texture plate that you used; I have not seen that before, but how wonderful it is, adding just the right amount of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always, I'm in awe of your perfectly straight lines! Love the stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you finished off the edges of the heart!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.