Welcome back! Wow! The response to our first challenge was thrilling! We're so happy that you like this innovative concept that Lesley came up with!
Time for the second Card Concept challenge - to add texture to your card:
To translate this photo into a Clean and Graphic card, I chose to focus on colours of the house. With CAG, less is almost always more, so there's no need to make sure that every element from your inspiration is included.
I added texture in a couple of ways: first, I ran the strips of Suede and Poppy through my Cuttlebug with my Grosgrain Ribbon texture plate. Having the same texture on the whole panel helps to keep it clean.
I cut out a heart from the main panel and then another to create a white frame like the white trim around the door. The main panel and the heart are popped up with foam tape (the second type of texture). Even adding a tiny touch of Stickles around the edges creates subtle texture and certainly adds some sparkle!
(I'm also linking to CASual Friday's Colour Block challenge)
Here's a reminder of the rules for this challenge:
- Use the Challenge to create a card.
- Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
- Explain in your post which style you used.
- Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
- Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 3rd at 3pm EST.